Top tips on fire safety this Christmas
As we enter the festive period, we’ve shared some top tips to help keep your home safe during this time:
- Decorations can increase the risk of a fire in your home, avoid overloading plug sockets with lights
- Keep fire safety doors free from decorations so that they can continue to provide crucial fire safety to your household
- Whether using candles indoors or lighting a fire, keep any open flames away from fabrics such as curtains and never leave candles unattended in a room
- Buy a fire-resistant tree if you pick an artificial one
- Lock your doors at night and keep presents out of sight so that people can’t look in and see them.