Money advice tool
We provide a simple and free to use Money Advice Tool to help you make sure you’re getting the most from your money. You can use it to check if you can get Universal Credit or other benefits you didn’t know you could claim.
Stay well this winter
As temperatures start to drop, there are lots of simple changes you can make to keep warm in more cost-effective ways.
Help with your energy bills
There’s lots of advice available to you to help you understand the impact of the rising cost of living and energy bills.
Help in your community
Find food banks and warm spaces to spend time with others in your community. Use these maps to find your nearest one.
Top tips for your financial wellbeing
Our financial wellbeing team has put together some tips to follow to get the most from your money.
Financial Wellbeing - how we can help
- We can carry out a full benefit check to identify the benefits you are entitled to.
- We can help you apply for all the benefits you are entitled to. Whether it is benefit related to paying your rent, helping you during periods of unemployment or helping you manage due to illness or disability, we are here to help.
- We can help you understand how benefit is worked out and how much better off you could be if you were able to find work.
- We can support you in appealing against benefit decisions and sanctions
- We can help with budgeting to make your money go further
- We can help you set up and manage a bank account and we can show you how you can save money with the Government’s Help to Save scheme, potentially giving you a bonus to add to your savings.
- We can offer you help using the internet, allowing you to find good offers and make your money go further.
- And if we can’t help, for example with managing debts, we can refer you to local services that can help.
What happens next?
Once we have received your form (below), we will contact you within five working days to discuss how we can best support you.