Stay safe this winter – From fire safety to security, follow our tips to keep your home safe this winter
As we enter the festive period, you might be starting to put up decorations, so we’ve shared some top tips to keep your home safe during this time.
- Keep fire safety doors free from decorations so that they can continue to provide crucial fire safety to your household
- Decorations can increase the risk of a fire in your home, avoid overloading plug sockets with lights
- Whether using more candles indoors or lighting a fire during the colder months, keep any open flames away from fabrics such as curtains and never leave candles unattended in a room
- Buy a fire-resistant tree, if you pick an artificial one
- Lock your doors at night and keep presents out of sight so that people can’t look in and see them.