Home insurance for your belongings

Contents insurance can help you to cover the cost of unexpected problems in your home if you have an emergency like a flood or fire.

If something like this happens to you, we’ll repair any damage to ceilings, walls and floors but we aren’t able to cover the cost of your personal items. Having home insurance means that your possessions will be replaced should the worse happen.

There are normally two levels of cover and they ensure your belongings, furniture, electrical goods and furnishings are protected. These are:

  • Standard cover - this covers items in your home against fire, theft, accidental damage to your TV and more
  • Extended accidental damage cover – this provides extra cover against accidents like spilling wine or paint.

To get started we can put you in touch with our preferred contents insurer, Thistle which is also the National Housing Federation’s preferred supplier of tenant insurance. Find out more here.

Back to latest news listings