Information for Independent Living customers
In line with the most recent government guidance, we've made some changes to the way in which we work to make sure your homes remain as safe as possible:
- We’ve restarted carrying out routine repair services inside your home
- We can confirm that following further consideration of our current risk assessment we've opened our communal spaces to our customers and their visitors. Any outside groups will not be able to use these spaces until they've provided an updated risk assessment. Customers are invited to enjoy these spaces keeping in mind the current government guidance. This is of course subject to change if the government review restrictions or if we have any reason to close due to an increased risk posed in individual schemes.
- Please follow latest government advice when moving around the building, keep at least two metres from others and wear a face covering at all times
- The communal laundry facilities are open
- Cleaning services will still be provided under social distancing measures. If a deeper clean or more specialist cleaning is needed, arrangements are in place and we’re working with Public Health England to follow the correct guidance
- The use of communal areas by external agencies remains suspended
- Our hairdressing salons are open
- All our guest rooms are open
- We continue to work very closely with our catering providers, where applicable, and in most cases the onsite food providers have moved to delivering meals to your front door if you receive this service.
Full guidance can be found on the government website.
Your health and safety and that of our colleagues is our priority and we are led by the government and our own risk assessments.
The Independent Living Team will make sure that any regulatory health and safety checks within the communal areas of schemes are completed wherever possible.
Please remember to test your personal alarm (if you have one) to ensure it is working correctly. Please report any issues to our contact centre on 0333 400 8222.
For further up to date advice please visit government guidelines on this website. The advice provided by the government is likely to change, therefore please continue to check for updates. The most up to date advice can be found on www.gov.uk or www.nhs.uk.