Information for Independent Living customers
In line with the most recent Government guidance, we have made some changes to the way in which we work to make sure your homes remain as safe as possible:
- We’ve restarted carrying out routine repair services inside your home, unless you’re clinically extremely vulnerable. If you’re clinically extremely vulnerable, we plan to restart repairs inside your home from 1 April 2021.
- Our internal communal areas will remain closed. We know that communal areas are important to many of you but it’s vital that we do everything we can to limit the spread of the virus and help keep you safe.
- Please follow latest government advice when moving around the building, keep at least two metres from others and wear a face covering at all times.
- The communal laundry facilities remain open. However please ensure you use these services in line with government guidance.
- Cleaning services will still be provided under social distancing measures. If a deeper clean or more specialist cleaning is needed, arrangements are in place and we’re working with Public Health England to follow the correct guidance
- The use of communal areas by external agencies remains suspended
- Our hairdressing salons are now open
- All our guest rooms will remain closed, and no bookings will be accepted
- We continue to work very closely with our catering providers, where applicable, and in most cases the onsite food providers have moved to delivering meals to your front door if you receive this service.
Full guidance can be found on the government website.
Your health and safety and that of our colleagues is our priority and we are led by the government and our own risk assessments. We’ll keep the measures under constant review and adapt as the situation changes or restrictions are eased.
We understand that many of you will be feeling anxious and concerned during this uncertain time and we want to reassure you that we’re here to support you.
The Independent Living Team will:
- Follow guidance around social distancing. Our Independent Living Officers will not hold face to face meetings, will not enter your home and visits to schemes will be reduced to undertake Health and Safety checks only. However, the Independent Living Team are contactable by phone on 0333 400 8222 or email
- Please be assured that any regulatory health and safety checks within the communal areas of schemes will be completed wherever possible.
- Please remember to test your personal alarm (if you have one) to ensure it is working correctly. Please report any issues to our contact centre on 0333 400 8222
For further up to date advice please visit government guidelines on this website. The advice provided by the government is likely to change, therefore please continue to check for updates. The most up to date advice can be found on www.gov.uk or www.nhs.uk.