Your home Insurance

A guide to the types of insurance you need in place in order to protect your home.


Contents insurance

You are responsible for putting your own contents insurance in place.

While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their furniture, belongings or decorations, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

Buildings insurance

We are responsible for arranging buildings insurance and will charge you a fee for the cost of this through your service charge.

Your buildings insurance covers the structure of your home including:

  • Walls
  • Roofs
  • Communal areas

 This insurance protects these parts of your home against damage caused by:

  • Fire
  • Flooding

Criminal damage

  • Subsidence

Your buildings insurance does not cover:

  • Your day to day home repairs and maintenance
  • Deterioration
  • Wear and tear

Summary of cover

In most instances, we insure the structure of your building with Aviva. Please ask your homeownership officer if you would like a copy of a summary of your cover.

If there is a Managing Agent for your property they may provide this insurance so please check with them for confirmation. If you are unsure who insures your property please contact us and we will be happy to advise.

How to make a claim

If you would like to make a claim please contact our brokers AJ Gallagher on 01245 341200 who will arrange for a claim form to be sent to you. Please note that you may be asked to pay an excess charge. For more information on this please contact the Home Ownership team.

Call now