You are responsible for all repairs and day to day maintenance of your home.
If you live in a flat we are responsible for repairs and maintenance to communal areas such as:
- Communal entrances
- TV aerials
We will arrange and carry out the work but you are responsible for paying your share of the cost either through your service charge or through a one-off payment depending on the terms of your lease.
IF YOU NEED TO REPORT A REPAIR, PLEASE CALL: 0333 400 8222
Please be aware you are responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances in your property are regularly serviced and are working safely.
Having work done in your flat?
These are some typical repairs that may be required within a block of flats.
Responsibility for windows in flats and front doors to flats depends on your lease.
- Stopcocks in your block or building
- Burst or leaking pipes up to and including the main stopcocks
- Communal water storage tanks
- Clearing of a blockage to the main soil stack, rain water pipes and gutters
- Windows in shared areas
- Doors in shared areas
- Electricity supply in shared areas (including internal and external lighting, rewiring, door entry systems)
- External walls
- Plaster in shared areas
- Decorating shared areas
- Maintaining external shared gardens and roads (if not a public highway)
- TV aerials - shared system
- Buildings insurance
- Stopcocks in your flat
- Burst or leaking pipes beyond the main stopcock
- Water storage tanks in your flat
- Bath, sink, basin, WC and waste pipes traps
- Electricity supply inside your flat
- Plaster in your flat
- Decorating inside your flat
- Maintaining private gardens
- TV aerials to your flat only
- Contents insurance