Aster leaseholders and shared owners are responsible for internal repairs and the day to day maintenance of your home. Leaseholders and shared owners are also responsible for ensuring that any gas appliances in your property are regularly serviced and are working safely. We will request evidence of your gas service annually.
If you live in a flat we are responsible for repairs and maintenance to communal areas and you will pay your share of the cost either through your service charge or a one-off payment depending on the terms of your lease.
Below are some typical repairs that may be required within a block of flats.
- Windows and doors (in shared areas)
- TV aerials (shared systems)
- Communal entrances
- Maintaining shared gardens and roads (if not a public highway)
- Buildings insurance
- Electrical supply in shared areas (external lighting, doors)
- External walls
- Stopcocks in your block or building
- Communal water storage tanks
- Burst or leaking pipes
- Clearing of a blockage to the main soil track and rain-water pipes
- Plaster and decorating in shared areas
- Door entry system repairs and maintenance
What are your responsibilities?
The table below displays examples of repairs that you are required to repair or maintain.
Responsibility for windows in flats and front doors to flats depends on your lease, if you have any queries surrounding this you can contact your Housing Officer.
- Stopcocks in your flat
- Burst or leaking pipes beyond the main stopcock
- Water storage tanks in your flat
- Bath, sink, basin, WC and waste pipe traps
- Electricity supply inside your flat
- Contents Insurance
- Maintaining your private garden
- Plaster and decorating in your flat
- TV aerials to your flat only
- Annual gas safety checks
Report a repair
To report a repair please call 0333 400 8222.Call now