Energy Switching

For additional advice on energy switching, please contact one of our partner organisations:

Property certificates

We are responsible for making sure that any gas and electrical installations in your rented property are safe. This includes an annual gas check that must be carried out by an engineer registered with the Gas Safe Register.

  • Gas Safety Certificates (GSC)

    Your Gas Safety Certificate lets you know that a fully qualified gas technician has inspected and checked all your gas connections, pipes and any appliances. The check will also see if there are any gas leaks, or if there is carbon monoxide leaking into the property. We have to carry out a gas safety check every year by law. We also carry out a gas safety check every time the property becomes empty. It’s very important that you let us into the property to carry out this check.

  • Electric Safety Certificates (ESC)

    Your Electric Safety Certificate shows you that any wiring, sockets and installations are safe and legal. The check includes looking at the electrics as well as testing them to make sure they’re safe. We carry out an electrical safety inspection every time a property becomes empty, so we can be sure your new home is safe for you to live in.