Stay safe while using electric devices at home
Illegal and dangerous electric devices can be cheap and easy to buy from the internet, but some contain counterfeit fuses that could cause a fire risk. Please be careful when buying any electrical item over the internet.
Many items like vapes, e-scooters and mobility scooters will have lithium batteries in them, which can become a fire risk if they overheat.
Here are a few things to look out for:
- Be aware of counterfeit and poor-quality products online
- When your battery is full, unplug it right away
- Charge away from things that can catch fire, don’t charge overnight or in hot or sunny places
- Use the charger that came with your device and follow the instructions
- Always buy products with a British Standard and CE Mark