Fire safety at home

Stay safe and fire free in your home by making sure you’re using your appliances correctly.

We all have lots of appliances in our homes, from washing machines and toasters to phone chargers and TVs.

Turning them off at night not only saves on energy costs, but it also reduces the risk of any fires starting.

Always follow the safety guidelines for each appliance, avoid overloading things like tumble dryers and carry out regular maintenance to avoid items overheating and becoming a fire risk.

Smaller items like vapes can also be a risk and can overheat if left to charge for long periods of time.

Please remember to test your smoke alarms regularly and ensure that you're fully aware of the fire safety advice and fire escape routes in your home. 

For more fire safety tips, contact your local fire service.

Back to latest news listings