10 reasons to choose contents insurance
Contents insurance can help you to cover the cost of unexpected problems in your home if you have an emergency like a flood or fire.
Premiums start from as little as a few pounds a month, so it’s worth considering to prevent any potential unexpected costs in the future.
If something like this happens to you, we’ll repair any damage to ceilings, walls and floors but we aren’t able to cover the cost of your personal items. Having home insurance means that your possessions could be replaced if this happens.
Here’s 10 reasons to consider contents insurance:
1) Covers loss or damage to food in a fridge/freezer (excludes damage caused if the electricity supplier deliberately cuts of the supply to your home)
2) Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
3) Covers customer improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greater)
4) Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
5) Covers damage to external window glazing
6) Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
7) You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)
8) Covers up to 35% of the contents sum insured for damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings which you are legally liable for (excludes loss or damage whilst your home is unoccupied)
9) There are flexible regular pay-as-you-go payment options
10) You can apply in just minutes, either over the telephone or through a simple application form.Back to latest news listings