Homes for Ukraine scheme

The government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme allows people to open their homes to Ukrainians to live in if they’ve been forced to escape the country.

We support customers who’ve made the decision to take part in the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

In line with your tenancy agreement, you’ll need to let us know about your plans by applying with us to take in a lodger.

We won’t unreasonably withhold permission for you to take part and we can provide consent, ensure your accommodation is appropriate, and connect you to further support available.

Call our Contact Centre on 0333 400 8222 or visit MyAster if you’re thinking about taking part in the scheme.

When you get in touch, we’ll discuss your individual circumstances to make sure the scheme is suitable for you. There are several things to consider before committing to the scheme, for example:

  • Your tenancy agreement
  • Whether there’s enough space in your home to welcome a lodger without overcrowding
  • If you can commit to the full six months length of the scheme
  • What support a lodger may need to adjust to living in a new country
  • The impact this will have on your household bills.

You’ll then need to register your interest through the government scheme website.

Back to latest news listings