Our LQBTQ+ Network
Our LGBTQ+ network was launched during National Inclusion Week 2021 and has grown in membership to 25 colleagues and has provided an invigorating and safe space for LGBTQ+ colleagues and allies.
Some of their key achievements and upcoming priorities include:
- Members’ participation in our Reverse Mentoring pilot
- Becoming Stonewall Diversity Champions
- Attendance at conferences and workshops, such as the National Housing Federation’s Diversity and Inclusion conference in October 2021, and upcoming Stonewall LGBT History month workshop
- Involvement and participation from members in our ‘Inclusion at Aster’ video
- Working group created to look at forming our Transitioning in the Workplace guidance
- Review of key policies such as the Domestic Abuse Policy to ensure inclusion
- Planned participation in Pride 2022
- Creation of our LGBTQ+ networker email footer, as well as more colleagues volunteering to share their pronouns in their email signatures
- Providing support, signposting, and advice for colleagues.