Financial help is available

During the pandemic there were lots of schemes available to help people financially if they found themselves unable to work as a result of COVID-19.

However, a lot of this help is ending in September, so if you think you might be affected, and you’re worried about your finances our Financial Wellbeing team could be able to help.

You can speak to the team on 0333 400 8222. You can also use our Money Advice Tool to check you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to.

If you claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, you could get some extra help through a Discretionary Housing Payment.

This is a payment that your local authority can give you if you’re struggling to make ends meet.

If you’re affected by things like the Bedroom Tax, the Benefit Cap or changes to how you work because of COVID-19, you may be able to claim.

Each council has different rules about who can apply, so the best way to find out more information is by speaking to your own council’s housing benefit department. Our Financial Wellbeing team can also help you apply.

Find out more about the Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) here.

Back to latest news listings