Aster Foundation – supporting our communities
Against the backdrop of approximately one in four people experiencing a mental health problem in the UK each year (source: Mind) the Aster Foundation works with businesses, colleagues and our communities to train and educate people on mental wellness and resilience.
Our registered charity, the Aster Foundation, offers a range of courses from Mental Health First Aider, Mental Health Refresher and Mental Health for Line Managers. It also offers courses around mindfulness and stress awareness.
- 1,378 people positively impacted by our mental wellness and resilience programme
- 92% of people attending a mental wellness and resilience sessions go on to support others
One service user commented: “I can honestly say that I went into this workshop feeling rather pessimistic about how much I would get out of it. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I was put at ease immediately and explained things in a way that made it easy to relate to. I have come away from the training feeling eager to learn more and feel that I now have the tools to start using straight away in my daily life.”
Our relationships with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), local support agencies, job centres and local authorities are key to us reaching our customers most in need.
The need for financial support has never been greater and through these key partnerships in 2021/22 we managed:
- £358,732 of unclaimed support and benefit accessed for people in our communities
- £207,732 of benefit appeals for people in our communities
- 2,014 people positively impacted by financial wellbeing support
- 99% of people who have received support have kept their home.
For more information please visit the Aster Foundation.