Local Authority Hardship Funds

All Local Authorities have a range of advice and support services, including a Hardship Fund. They will have different schemes with different rules for different people, and so it is important you contact them direct to ask what help they can offer you. For example, if you are struggling to pay your bills, or you are unable to afford a school uniform for your children, your local authority may be able to help.

The link below takes you to a government website that allows you to find the contact details of your local authority.

A-Z of councils online | Local Government Association

You can also talk to us or to the Citizens Advice charity to help you find and then apply for the grants and support you need. The following link takes you to the Citizens Advice website where you can find a lot of information including the location of your local Citizens Advice office: Citizens Advice