Sensational Shared Ownership homes for sale in village of Cam near Stroud!
Put down roots with one of our stunning houses for sale in Cam, on this beautiful new-build development. Our selection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom houses is available with shared ownership.
You’ll have everything you need close by when you opt for one of these shared ownership houses in Cam, near Dursley. The village of Cam is perched on the edge of the Cotswolds and has lots of amenities, while Dursley is just a short drive away and Stroud, Bristol and Gloucester are easily accessible too.
Shared ownership could make your dream of owning a new house in Gloucestershire come true, as our homes are much more affordable that many in this sought-after area.
To find out more about the development or how shared ownership works, local expert Matt is waiting to take your call – or drop him a line via any of the details in the contact panel and he’ll get right back to you.
Local amenities in Cam and the surrounding area
Our new homes on Box Road, Cam provide easy access to a wide range of amenities. Cam has all of the basics – from a Post Office to a petrol station, pharmacy, supermarket and independent shops. While in Dursley you’ll find a pet shop, bike shop, opticians and bakery.
Transport links are great, with the M5 a short drive away meaning you can be in Cheltenham, Gloucester or Bristol in under 40 minutes. There’s also Cam and Dursley train station just five minutes’ walk from the development, with trains to Bath, Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Worcester. If you’re dreaming of jetting off, Bristol airport is also relatively close by.
So what else does Cam and the surrounding area have to offer you and your family?
- Two primary schools – Cam Hopton C of E (OFSTED Good, 2019), Cam Everlands (OFSTED Good, 2016) – plus separate Cam Woodfield Infant School (OFSTED Good, 2018) and Cam Woodfield Junior School (OFSTED Special Measures, 2017)
- A high school in nearby Dursely, Rednock School, (OFSTED Good, 2018)
- Lots of shopping opportunities, from high street stores in some of the bigger towns just 30 minutes away, to independent shops in nearby towns and villages, including a regular farmers’ market in the historic market square in Dursley. At Gloucester Quays just 25 minutes’ drive away you’ll find a selection of designer names at discount prices
- A chemist, doctors’ surgeries and a dental practice in Cam, with more in nearby Dursley
- A Tesco close by, and other shops for essentials in both Cam and Dursley
Things to do around Cam and the wider area
Perched on the edge of the green and glorious Cotswolds, there’s so much to do near Cam. Whether you prefer some action or a slower pace of life, this well-connected area has it all.
- There’s plenty of outdoor places to visit, including Cam Peak and Cam Long Down, which both provide impressive views over the River Severn and beyond, Westonbirt National Arboretum home to more than 2,500 trees from around the world, and the play and sculpture trail at Twinberrow Woods in Dursley, just 10 minutes’ drive away
- If you like the outdoors, why not join in with the Walking Festival, held in Dursley every October?
- The Pulse is the leisure centre in Dursley, with a pool and a variety of sports on offer
- A cinema in Stroud, just 20 minutes away, for taking in your favourite new release or entertaining the kids on a wet afternoon
- If wine is your thing, why not pay a visit to the local vineyard, Woodchester Valley? They make award-winning wines that you can sample after a tour of the vineyard
- Or for the beer-lovers amongst us, The Old Spot Inn, an 18th century pub in Dursley has been named CAMRA National Pub of the Year and been run by the same family for 20 years
- Berkley Castle is also on your doorstep. The Berkley family have lived in the castle since their ancestor Robert Fitzharding built the keep in the 12th century
You’ll never be stuck for fun ways to spend your time if you buy a home at Box Road, Cam – the area really does have everything you need.
Shared ownership – Get the keys to your new home
You might not know about shared ownership, but it could be just the solution you’ve been looking for if you want to get a foot on the property ladder.
You buy a percentage share of a sparkling new house and pay rent on the remainder. You can even increase the percentage as time goes on, eventually owning all of your own home (in most circumstances). There’s a low 5% deposit, and we can help you with all of the details.
So what are you waiting for? Read more about how shared ownership works here, or talk to Matt to have all your questions answered – there’s no such thing as a silly one!
Make an Aster house your home
At Aster we know that you want the security of owning your own home. You want to decorate, maybe you want to get that puppy you’ve been wanting, and you want space for the family to grow. We don’t just sell houses, we help you secure a home and your future.
If you’re interested in these houses for sale in Cam, near Dursley in Gloucestershire just get in touch with Matt whenever suits you and she can give you all of the details you need about these stunning 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes at Box Road.
*While we endeavour to make our property descriptions and plans fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and may be subject to change. Price(s) based on 40% Shared Ownership and a 95% LTV mortgage. Shared Ownership is a part buy, part rent scheme and homes are bought as leasehold properties, for more information speak to our team.