Are there any fees to pay?
There are fees to pay, just like with any other home purchase. Such as:
- Solicitors fees
- Mortgage survey fees
- Stamp duty on homes costing more than £250,000. If you’re a first time buyer, you won’t need to pay it on homes costing up to £425,000, and you’ll pay a discounted rate on homes up to £625,000. Want to have a look at how much this would be on a shared ownership home? Use the calculator by clicking here.
- Any mortgage arrangement fees
- Indemnity premium
- Removal costs
- A deposit to secure a property from us
- Mortgage protection insurance
- House contents insurance
- Council tax
- Gas, electric, water and telephone charges
- Other household bills
- All repair and redecoration costs – some shared ownership leases will include a repair contribution, please check the terms of your lease or speak to a member of our team for more information.
There’ll also be a service charge, which is something you pay as one of our customers that helps towards the costs of providing and maintaining services as well as other bits such as insurance and management costs.