Sensational shared ownership houses for sale in Dorset
If you’re on the hunt for reasonably priced houses for sale in Dorset, check out our gorgeous new-build development, Woodlanders, situated in the rural village of Longburton.
Buying a house in Dorset will give you great access to the historical and dramatic Jurassic coast, but head 20 miles or so inland to Longburton and you’ll also discover captivating countryside while also being close to local towns catering for all your daily needs.
Located just 3 miles from Sherborne, the small village of Longburton dates back to 1547 – meaning you’re surrounded by some beautiful historical architecture, such as the 15th century St James the Great church and some still-thatched 17th century houses. Longburton also boasts delightful village walks, perfect if you have a dog in the family!
If you’ve been searching for affordable houses for sale in Dorset and want to learn more about the Woodlanders development, our local expert is always on hand to help. You can email, live chat or Tweet us using the details in the panel, or fill in the enquiry form below – we work outside of normal office hours, so don’t worry if you can’t chat during the day.
Local amenities in Dorset, around Longburton
With a range of newly built two and three-bedroom houses for sale in Dorset on the Woodlanders in Longburton, you’ll have a quiet retreat for relaxing, while still being close by to plenty of amenities.
Dorset attracts home buyers for its many coastal and countryside attractions, with lots of bustling cities and lively towns to visit when you want to leave village life for a while. Longburton has plenty to offer for its residents, such as:
- Sherborne railway station just 5 minutes from the village, with trains to Exeter, Southampton and London
- Yeovil Pen Mill railway station is approximately 7 miles away, with routes to Bristol and Weymouth
- Exeter, Bristol, Southampton and Bournemouth universities are all around an hour and a half away by car
- Fancy flying away on holiday? Exeter and Bristol airports are just over an hour’s drive away
- A range of things to do in nearby Sherborne including choirs, a market and a wealth of associations and societies for you to join
- Want a day off from cooking? Head to the local Rose & Crown pub for dinner or a sumptuous Sunday roast
- Pick up your essentials (and treats) from Sherborne’s independent shops, supermarkets and farm stores – or head to Yeovil for some major retail therapy
Things to do around Longburton and the wider Dorset area
With lots of long walks to be enjoyed right on your doorstep, we could forgive you for wanting to stay close to home. But Dorset has much more to offer if you venture a little further afield – starting from neighbouring Sherborne, to the beautiful coastal towns dotted along the seaside.
Here are a few ideas of things to do around the Longburton and Dorset area...
- For art lovers, regular trips to The Swan Gallery & Global Images Gallery in Sherborne will give you access to new exhibitions and artists
- Take the 15 minute drive to explore the ruins of Cerne Abbey, and the nearby chalk hill figure of the Cerne Giant.
- For a day of pampering, the gorgeous La vie Spa is 10 miles away in Evershot.
- Make the most of the local countryside with riding lessons at Pelvings Farm, about 20 minutes away from Longburton
- Spend a day strolling through the beautiful gardens and incredible furniture, painting and porcelain collections at Sherborne Castle and even the old castle ruins nearby.
- Take in a play or performance at The Octagon Theatre in Yeovil
This really is just for starters, so if you buy a house in Longburton on the Woodlanders development, you’ll have lots to see and do.
Shared ownership – the smart step to buying your home
You might have thought that the cost of houses in Dorset would be prohibitive in such a competitive market, but our homes in Longburton are all for sale under our smart, simple shared ownership scheme.
There are no catches – you just buy an affordable share, pay rent on the remaining amount and increase your shares as your finances permit. It allows you to get your foot on the property ladder much more easily than buying outright. You can learn more here, or just call us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Make an Aster house your home
Our aim at Aster is to find you a home, not just a house – and with our fab shared ownership approach, you can find a home in a lovely location that may otherwise be out of your reach. Not bad, huh?
So if you’re itching to find out more about our houses for sale in Dorset, on the gorgeous Woodlanders development in Longburton, near Sherborne, get in touch with me, Nicci, and I’ll be delighted to help. As your local expert, just ring, Tweet or live chat me anytime (even outside standard work hours!) or fill in the form below and I’ll answer all your questions.
*While we endeavour to make our property descriptions and plans fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and may be subject to change. Price(s) based on 40% Shared Ownership and a 95% LTV mortgage. Shared Ownership is a part buy, part rent scheme and homes are bought as leasehold properties, for more information speak to our team.