Register now for our shared ownership homes coming here soon!
Are you looking to get on the property ladder in Barnstaple? We have a selection of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes coming at the Tawcroft development in the beautiful Devonshire countryside.
Living in Barnstaple, you are spoiled for choice with nature trails such as the River Taw or the Tarka Trail, a perfect way to spend your free time with the family in the idyllic countryside. Or perhaps you like to pop to the shops on a Saturday? You won’t be disappointed with what Barnstaple has to offer.
With excellent commuter links, you could visit Exeter, Bristol, Bath and London all within an easy commute. These all comprise a selection of fashion retailers, an abundance of coffee shops, pubs restaurants and shops.
If you’ve been searching for affordable houses for sale in Barnstaple and want to learn more about our shared ownership homes in the Tawcroft development, Megan is always on hand to help. You can email, live chat or Tweet us using the details in the panel, or fill in the enquiry form below – we work outside of normal office hours, so don’t worry if you can’t chat during the day.
Local amenities in Barnstaple, Devon
As a town, Barnstaple is often regarded as the social heart of North Devon. With lots of amenities nearby from shops to eateries to meet friends for dinner. The town is also a perfect place for families, it offers regular events, cafes and parks. There is plenty to keep you entertained, such as:
- Bideford is a short 16 minutes away in the car.
- Explore the 180-mile Tarka trail cycle path.
- Only a short distance to major road links such as the A39 and A361
- Visit the golden sands of Saunton, perfect for getting in some sea air.
- Barnstaple has plenty of attractions for a family fun day out, from ice skating, bowling or visit the trampoline park.
- Just a short drive away is Castle hill gardens is a lovely day out, an 18th century mansion with 50 acres of historic parkland, you’ll have plenty to explore.
- Exeter airport is the closest being only 1 hour away.
- A selection of nearby schools with Ofsted rating of good or above.
- Pick up your essentials (and treats) from the local Sainsburys or Tesco Extra.
Shared ownership – the smart step to buying your home
You might have thought that the cost of houses in a beautiful area like Devon would be prohibitive in such a competitive market, but our homes in Barnstaple are all for sale under our smart, simple shared ownership scheme.
There are no catches – you just buy an affordable share, pay rent on the remaining amount and increase your shares as your finances permit. It allows you to get your foot on the property ladder much more easily than buying outright. You can learn more here, or just call us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Make an Aster house your home
Our aim at Aster is to find you a home, not just a house – and with our fab shared ownership approach, you can find a home in a lovely location that may otherwise be out of your reach, just contact us today!
So, if you’re ready to find out more about our houses for sale in Devon, on the Tawcroft development in Barnstaple, get in touch with me, Megan, and I’ll be delighted to help. As your local expert, just ring, Tweet or live chat me anytime (even outside standard work hours!) or fill in the form below and I’ll answer all your questions.
Please note a local connection is required. The local connection criteria is as follows –
- Being permanently resident within North Devon for the last 3 Years.
- Have lived in North Devon for a period of 5 years or more.
- Working in North Devon for a minimum of 16 hours a week on a permanent contract.
- Have immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother, son and daughter) living in North Devon.
You must also be registered with Help to Buy to be allocated. If you have any queries regarding the local connection criteria, I’d be more than happy to help.
*While we endeavour to make our property descriptions and plans fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and may be subject to change. Price(s) based on 40% Shared Ownership and a 95% LTV mortgage. Shared Ownership is a part buy, part rent scheme and homes are bought as leasehold properties, for more information speak to our team.