Where is Larkbear?
Larkbear is in the popular area of Barnstaple in North Devon, where you will have the best of rural and town living. Larkbear is positioned just 1.5 miles from Barnstaple town centre and the National park of Exmoor to the east along with Dartmoor National park to the south, with an array of idyllic beaches within easy reach, this is a perfect place for first time buyers or families.
Barnstaple railway has links to Exeter, Bristol, Bath and London Paddington in under 5 hours.
Great transport links from the local bus service reaching all destinations in North Devon or the A39, A337 A361 & M5
Fill up for that trip at the local Sainsburys petrol station.
Jetting off somewhere? Exeter airport is only 53 miles away.
Essential stores such as Sainsburys or B&M and popular eateries within easy reach.
A range of primary schools with an Ofsted rating of Good & above nearby, with a community college just 5.6 miles away.
Interested in something to do?
- Explore the spectacular scenery at Exmoor & Dartmoor National parks.
- Visit one of the many picturesque beaches such as Saunton and Woolacombe.
- Why not have some family fun and walk the 180-mile Tarka trail, or, maybe cycle.
- Fancy a spot of shopping at the weekend? Barnstaple is a thriving market town where you can enjoy the Pannier market, which boasts Craft sales, fresh produce, flowers, books or collectables. Barnstaple is also the main shopping area for North Devon, you will find several Tesco stores in the area.
- Recent redevelopment of the former leaderflush Shapland has benefitted the area with a commercial retail area of shops, restaurants, Leisure facilities and an Asda superstore plus petrol station.
SHARED OWNERSHIP – THE SMART STEP TO BUYING YOUR HOME
Shared ownership helps many people to get on the property ladder by owning a share in a property, making it more affordable. Shares range from 25-75% depending on your affordability. With deposits from 5% of the share, making it so much more achievable. You don’t have to be a first-time buyer, you can be a growing family, a solo buyer, buying with a friend or just looking to downsize. Shared ownership can be a helping hand or a forever home, whatever you need it to be.
Please note a local connection is required to purchase a shared ownership home at Larkbear.
One of the following connections are required
- The household or one adult member needs to of lived in North Devon for a minimum of 5 continuous years.
- The household or one adult member needs to be employed a minimum of 16 hours per week in North Devon for a minimum of 5 continuous years.
- The household or one adult member needs to have immediate family who have lived in North Devon for a minimum of 5 continuous years.
- The household or one adult member needs to have immediate family currently living In North Devon.
You must also be registered with Help to Buy to be allocated. If you have any queries regarding the local connection criteria, I’d be more than happy to help.