Help with aspects of everyday life
This service can be personal to individual care and support needs and can help with many aspects of everyday life that people may start to find difficult.
This could include housework, going out shopping, going out for the day, personal care needs such as bathing and dressing and support with meal preparation.
Customers pay for this service and it can be for as little as half an hour a week, with no upper limit.
Fill in the form
Wearable life assurance
Empower loved ones to live independently knowing that help is available at the touch of a button. These wearable pendants and alarms will raise a call with our friendly and dedicated UK based team who will offer support to resolve the situation.
We call emergency services if needed, give advice and guidance to resolve an issue and provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Free 8 week trial and installation, and then customers could pay as little as £3.90 a week.
Adaptions and large building works
The idea of getting any type of large building works, adaptations, extensions or repairs done can sometimes be both confusing and often daunting. Aster can assist throughout this process.
- give advice about the condition of the home
- check entitlement to any financial help (i.e. welfare benefits or money to fund repairs and/or adaptations)
- prepare plans and specifications of works
- obtain quotations from our approved contractors list
- prepare building contracts, liaising with others involved in the work
- supervise the work to satisfactory completion
The types of works and adaptations we provide include:
- building ramps
- fitting wet rooms
- building extensions
- installation of stair lifts and through lifts
- electrical re-wires
- roof repairs
Aster works with local authorities and occupational therapists, assisting clients with Disabled Facilities Grants to fund adaptations, and with local authority Low Cost Home Improvement loans to fund improvement and essential repair work.
Contact us on 0333 400 8299 to find out more.
Help with repairs in the home
This service is focused on keeping housing warm, safe and secure, well maintained and suitably adapted to help maintain independent living in the home.
We offer a local, reliable and professional handyperson service to carry out small repairs and odd jobs no one else will do around the home and garden such as:
- minor plumbing works and changing tap washers
- fitting key safes
- putting up shelves, curtain poles and pictures
- fitting door chains, spy holes, locks and other security work
- fitting grab rails and handrails
- ramping works and general access
- trip and fall prevention
- gutter repair and clearances (low level only)
- garden clearance
- energy efficiency advice, heating and insulation and lots more
For larger handyperson works a competitive quotation will be supplied or for major repairs and adaptations we can refer you to our technical team. For more information, call us on 0333 400 8299.
Help on returning home from hospital
This service is to enable individuals to stay independent, mobile, confident and as medically fit as possible following discharge from hospital or after receiving treatment from another health provider.
Our dedicated team will provide advice and practical help such as:
- moving of beds or other furniture within the home
- help in setting up food delivery services
- arranging the installation of Telecare Life Line equipment
- making arrangements for home improvements and adaptations
- providing benefit and welfare advice
- carrying out a home energy assessment
Our advice is free. But there may be a charge for some or all of the other help that is arranged. To find out more, call us on 0333 400 8299.
Help decorating in the home
Our decorating team provide a friendly, professional and multi-skilled painting and decorating service including:
- emulsion painting
- masonry painting and finishes
- glossing of woodwork
- wallpaper hanging
- painting of sheds, fences and garden furniture
Individual surveys and work specifications will be carried out; a quotation will be supplied for each individual job. We can supply materials on request.
We offer a subsidised service for people on low income in receipt of a means tested benefit. To find out more, call us on 0333 400 8299.